Frihamnen is one of the RiverCity Gothenburg vision’s most vital components, unifying the centre of Gothenburg across the river and out towards Kvillebäcken, Lindholmen and Backaplan. In the Frihamnen of the future, it is envisaged that around 15,000 people will take up residence, with the same number working in the area.
Much is expected to be completed by the city’s anniversary in 2021,
with around 1,000 residences and 1,000 workplaces projected to have been built in the area by that time. In addition, sections of Jubileumsparken (Jubilee Park) are already completed and are currently being enjoyed by locals and visitors alike.
- be developed into a dense inner-city area in central Gothenburg;
- connect the city across the river;
- open up Gothenburg to the world;
- interconnect with surrounding urban districts;
- be inclusive in character;
- tackle the challenge of rising water levels while retaining the area’s appearance;
- feature a carefully planned network of meeting places;
- provide green space in close proximity to the water at Jubileumsparken;
- be a test-bed for modern mobility.
Consultation period for Local Development Plan 1 expired
The consultation period for the first Local Development Plan has now expired. Feedback will now be integrated into the proposal, and the plan will be presented for review in the autumn.
The first Local Development Plan encompasses around 3,750 residences and 2,500 workplaces, whereof 1,000 residences and 1,000 workplaces are scheduled to be completed by 2021.